|author||Sean Whitton <email@example.com>||2020-12-08 12:20:50 -0700|
|committer||Sean Whitton <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2020-12-08 12:20:50 -0700|
make other Economist article required
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/philos/teaching/PHIL_205_winter.mdwn b/philos/teaching/PHIL_205_winter.mdwn
index cab3f15..a071c53 100644
@@ -92,7 +92,7 @@ The structure and content of the course will be as follows:
- Unit 2 is 30th December to 6th January
- Unit 3 is 7th January to 11th January.
3. Units 1 and 2 will contain
- - five reading assignments; and
+ - five or six reading assignments; and
- four or five video lectures (posted throughout the week).
4. Unit 3 will contain
- three reading assignments; and
@@ -228,8 +228,9 @@ Philosophy is not like other subjects. Please review my notes on
1. Hayek: *The Use of Knowledge in Society*
2. Zwolinski: *The Ethics of Price Gouging*
3. "A fare shake", *The Economist*, 14th May 2016
- 4. Smith: *The Wealth of Nations*, bk. I, ch. I **only**
- 5. Lomasky: *Liberty after Lehman Brothers*
+ 4. "Pricing the surge", *The Economist*, 29th March 2014
+ 5. Smith: *The Wealth of Nations*, bk. I, ch. I **only**
+ 6. Lomasky: *Liberty after Lehman Brothers*
- Watch four video lectures.
- Post two discussion contributions.
- 5th January: unit 2 quiz due by 11:59pm.